[RE-wrenches] Off Grid LP Gen advice

Tump tump at swnl.net
Mon Sep 16 04:15:41 PDT 2013

I personally like AND use the ONAN (CMM) commercial mobil units. Can be configured 120 VAC @50 A. Fiberglass enclosure, QUITE 2800 RPM. Unlike the eco gen you DO have to mount on a stand as the intake & exhaust is from the bottom. Using an OB inverter I use the Atikson  start module. I use a relay although it DOES state in their manual that it will start using the 12VDC from the OB, but it would not work as described in their manual w/o a relay.
The other thing I like is the option to install it CMM inside a shed and using temp controlled louvers I can heat my building during the coldest part of the winter if I need to.