[RE-wrenches] Hawker versusu MK

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Aug 13 20:59:20 PDT 2013

We use a high lift jack to lift the case up onto a carrier we've made.
Roll them right into the room. We then use the high lift to push them
exactly into place, with a wood brace against the wall. I'm still a HUP
fan fro the cycle life (2100 cycle to 80% DOD) but if the 1500 cycle
batteries are 30% cheaper, then they're the better deal ( not counting
the cost of  moving batteries sooner)
I will third the Rolls problems; we had a reversed cell that we were
shipped new.  A guy with a multimeter at the loading dock could prevent
these dead ducks from flying.  The customer was out of power for 6 weeks
waiting for the replacement,  while we paid $200 shipping.  For the
money vs. cycle life vs. warranty, we just weren't loving the Rolls.
They are easier to move, which is a good thing, but HUP pays shipping
and for your time for the first year.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,