[RE-wrenches] Hawker versusu MK

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Tue Aug 13 08:03:44 PDT 2013

Here's a third for 2V Surrette's....... However you should discuss details
with this list or someone at Surrette regarding your application.  For an
example, Solar Power source? C/rate? Are you replacing a set of golf cart
batts or batteries with similar charging needs as these large cells?  The 2V
1766AH cells seem to prefer being charged longer and slower than say a T-105
or an L-16 to ensure proper SG's (others please chime in hear with
similar/different experiences).

        Yes, being easier to move is great...a handtruck or 2 bodies works
perfect.  Dual container simplifies your battery box AND keeping the tops
clean. The large/tall area above the plates means less watering.

        One warning though is insist on getting all the cells from one
batch.  If your supplier has to wait for cells from some other distributor
to make up your pack, ask to wait for all cells to come from one production
batch.

        I know a lot of folks have and love metal cased 12V "packs" (I'm
still working one myself) but I won't be going that route again for a
variety of reasons.  It's a big investment, do your homework.

there's 2 more cents worth.

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric