[RE-wrenches] Battery bank during peak times

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Tue Jun 25 12:15:01 PDT 2013

Southern California Edison (SCE) is now denying applications for interconnection and net metering IF the system can charge batteries by using grid power. It looks like they are worried about people using time-of-use metering in this way.

I think it's completely bogus, not only because of the questionable economics, but also because if a lot of people actually do this, it will help the grid, and the utility, not hurt it. I don't see how charging batteries is any different than running any other load during off-peak.

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar