[RE-wrenches] 24V charging with 60 cell modules

David Katz dkatz at aeesolar.com
Tue Jun 4 11:26:15 PDT 2013

Hi Mac,
You can do it if you don't need much power.  That module will float and equalize the battery but as the voltage rises, the current will drop significantly.  I used one 230 watt module for a year to charge a 24 volt battery with an 11 watt load on it and it worked fine.  It is probably cheaper than buying two 50 watt 36 cell modules and putting them in series.
David Katz

David Katz
CTO & Founder
AEE Solar Inc