[RE-wrenches] Defective modules

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:04:46 PDT 2013

The point of the PPA is interesting. We have a local investment group that is using this type of plan on local installs.  After 5 years the system becomes the property of the business/school/city. For the first 5 years it is owned by the investor group overseeing the project. Typically, who then is responsible for any work or replacement of parts during that first 5 years?  Is this typically a job by job agreement that needs to be hashed out for each project?  What type of contracts are installers using to cover themselves during that initial 5 year period?

I could see these investor groups looking for installers that are ignorant of these facts.  This group in my area has started "awarding" projects to various contractors instead of bidding them and looking at prior work in the industry when selecting a contractor.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone