[RE-wrenches] Defective modules

Jeff Irish jeff at hudsonsolar.com
Fri May 31 10:08:10 PDT 2013

Unfortunately the situation might be a little more simple, and devious, than that when it comes to the "bean counters".  Many lease and PPA structures have the tax equity investors out and gone in five years, and the lease holder cashflow positive by then or not long after.  So if there are problems with performance in years 7 - 20, only the installer holding the warranty obligation or valuing the local relationship and reputation will be concerned, or maybe even around.

I'm definitely not putting SunPower in this boat; they make a good product, have a proven history of standing behind it, and are taking a long term brand building view in my experience / opinion.

Jeff Irish
Hudson Solar