[RE-wrenches] Xantrex XW or Outback with very small temporary battery bank

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Tue May 28 16:53:33 PDT 2013

Hi Jim,

I have done exactly this before (old, but not dead car batteries) with the XW and no problems at all. In fact, due to the XW's flawed charging algorithms my default config is to set the batteries to the lowest possible Ah setting.

I've not tried with Outback but can't see how it would be a problem.

Kevin