[RE-wrenches] PV-direct electric water heating

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Tue May 14 06:09:37 PDT 2013

At SPI last year there was at least one company offering this, and
there's another company from Tallahassee also looking into it:
www.usa-eds.com

I'm not an expert by any means but I think that even 120F doesn't kill
legionella-- you need to get to 140F. And even if you do 140F, I imagine
you could still have it in the bottom of the tank (if it's electric).

A few years ago, a Solar Decathlon team used some kind of ionization to
combat it, I believe using something intended for hospitals.

DKC