[RE-wrenches] Fuse sizing in battery circuits

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Mon Apr 8 09:39:35 PDT 2013

Even though the CBs may be more convenient, I'd opt for the Class T fuses because they are current limiting whereas CBs are generally not. In a direct short, the inrush current is huge. The T fuse will clamp that for a brief time and then blow. That works in your favor for heavy motor starting surges as well. I agree with Ray about the Boltswitch products.  Well built and hell for stout.
Bob-O