[RE-wrenches] Battery Terminal Connections

Rob Shappell rob at nwes.com
Mon Apr 1 18:40:37 PDT 2013

The main reason for re-torqueing  battery fasteners is "lead creep", where
the lead terminal conforms to the pressure of the fastener and slowly creeps
away. This assumes the terminal is flat and so is the lug.  After the
terminals are "clean bright and tight" apply the Vaseline with an acid
brush. Then use a blow dryer to "melt" it into all the voids of the
connection. Can't hardly tell the terminals are coated...except no
corrosion.

Rob