[RE-wrenches] Cable tray

boB boB at midnitesolar.com
Mon Apr 1 11:00:16 PDT 2013

On 4/1/2013 9:37 AM, Chris Mason wrote:
> Actually the operational cost in the UK is higher. They have had
> health insurance for some time, the US did not invent it. Taxes are
> higher, in fact the US has one of the lowest tax rates in the OECD.
> Once the US moves to 1000V there will be little cost difference, I am
> pretty certain of that.

1000V is definitely coming and we are trying to keep costs as low as
possible.

And, before this has to go to another group that I can't post to,  I have to
agree with most of what Dan says about operating in the US.

It is looking like it is only going to get worse to manufacture in the
US.  I hope we can
keep the made in the USA label keep coming.  A lot of made in USA
equipment is
already only a final assembly and not a significant portion of the
products manufacture.
For example, circuit board assembly in China and then put the rest
together here.

It's not always "what" the restrictions are, (example: health care,
taxes), but "how"
those are implemented.

I have heard of American companies moving to the northern UK Ireland or
Scotland)
because it was cheaper for them to operate there but might be because of
some tax loophole ?
I'm sure that hole will be plugged soon.

We will do our best to keep our products significantly built in the USA.

boB