[RE-wrenches] SINGLE PHASE OUTBACK SYSTEM ON 3 PHASE SERVICE

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Thu Mar 28 08:36:11 PDT 2013

What problems is the system having?

Regarding your proposed 3P wiring solution, I don't know whether this
has been fixed recently, but Outbacks in 3P historically haven't
monitored the angle between phases. Under grid-connected operation it's
not a problem, but after they lose the grid connection, you'd be relying
on each inverter independently and consistently putting out exactly
216,000.00000 cycles of AC. This is only a problem with 208V 3P or 1P
loads  on your protected load panel. Since you don't have those
currently, you'd be OK as long as you upsize the neutral and add a
placard stating that no 208V loads should be added.

DKC