[RE-wrenches] P1 micro performance

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 09:19:12 PDT 2013

Just to beat a dead horse and provide additional screen captures, take a
look at what is below. "Clipping" is completely the wrong word in this
context. It is simply operating at a higher dc voltage on the I-V (not max
power). The power quality requirements do not allow systems operating on the
utility system to modify their sine wave like many battery-based inverters
do under heavy loading conditions. Below are graphs from yesterday's power
output. See how when it hits max power of the inverter, the dc voltage
rises. Nice case in point. Also notice that the TL inverter out-produces the
non-TL inverter (because of higher efficiency) until max power is reached.
At max power, both are the same.

3949 Joslin Inverter Comparison

cid:6e44facdc93e428095496b438cd56941

cid:c2f51ce2d7bf493f9c2af46706cf6c66

3/22/2013 10:38:36 AM (UTC) Created by Sunny Portal / SMA Solar Technology
AG

Bill.