[RE-wrenches] Relay for excess PV/ AC coupling

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Wed Mar 6 14:44:34 PST 2013

There aren't many relays to choose from at 600 vots dc.

Here's an Omron relay rated for 400 volts 20 amps dc:
http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/dry/3/g9eb-1.html
or 400 volts 60 amps dc: http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/dry/3/g9ea-1.html

The coil isn't 120 volts. But a common wall wart power supply would
operate it.
About $150 at Mouser.com
<http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=G9EB>

You shouldn't have to switch at 600 volts. It should work just as well
to short the lowest voltage pair of modules.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882