[RE-wrenches] Relay for excess PV/ AC coupling

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.com
Wed Mar 6 13:42:42 PST 2013

600 VDC rated contacts on a relay is going to be expensive. Extinguishing a DC arc at 600 volts needs a vacuum and/or rather substantial arc breakers.

You didn't mention current... but I would ball park a relay like what you describe in the multiple hundreds of dollars. Perhaps changing the system design (two inverters? Micro inverters?) would be more cost effective. Switching AC is relatively cheap and very easy. DC is not.

-James Jefferson Jarvis
APRS World, LLC
http://www.aprsworld.com
+1-507-454-2727

(this message was sent from my cell phone ... my apologies for any spelling errors)