[RE-wrenches] Outback Inverter Radio Interference

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Wed Feb 20 07:30:02 PST 2013

Also Palomar Engineers:

http://palomar-engineers.com/ferrite-cores

-Glenn

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of frank -bz
products
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:36 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Outback Inverter Radio Interference

Look into Amodon ferrite cores.

On 2/19/2013 1:30 PM, Vince McClellan wrote:

Hello Wrenches
I'm having an issue with a pair of Outback inverters producing
electromagnetic interference with the low band radios at a site we installed
recently. Other than a Faraday cage does anyone have any methods of reducing
the EMI from Outback inverters? I've been looking in to ferrite cores but
can't seem to find a source that lists what the frequency is that is
dissipated by the ferrite cores that I can find online. I need the ferrite
cores to be in the range of 250kHz to 2MHz.

Thanks,

Vince McClellan
Energy Design

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org