[RE-wrenches] Mobil inverter with Gen support

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Feb 5 16:34:16 PST 2013

I see. That feature is coming this year in 3 new inverter models from Magnum. They will share up to full output with the generator. The 12 volt will be 3kW, the other two will be 24v, 4kW, one with dual AC inputs.

Xantrex has one 3kW 12 volt model with gen support but I have seen quite a few failures so I do not recommend them. Also, they are made in China while the Magnums are US made.
If interested see here:
http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/freedom-sw-12v_newgen.aspx

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems