[RE-wrenches] Best racking systems (was Awkward Mid-clamps & jigs for installing or removing modules?)

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Sat Jan 26 06:05:01 PST 2013

That's good news! I'd like to keep Zep in the arsenal, especially for
people that insist on a low profile look. One other thing that concerns me
a bit is the long-term availability and replacements down the road. We've
had this discussion in another thread about replacing 12V nominal modules.
That's an electrical compatibility issue, but Zep may create another
compatibility issue that can't easily be resolved. In the case of Zep with
microinverters, if a module fails or breaks in the distant future and there
is no replacement available, you can just say "oh well" and let it be.
That's my argument for only using Zep with micros, not string inverters.
Then again, that's a compelling argument for using micros in general.

There are definitely pros and cons to this unique mounting system.

*Jason Szumlanski** *

*Fafco Solar
*