[RE-wrenches] GEC for Micro-Inverters and ACPV Modules

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Wed Jan 16 11:30:49 PST 2013

There is one possible argument that might be
used. Sections of busbar are permitted to be
connected together  250-64 C 2. If the aluminum
frame and rail parts can be considered as
busbars, which they clearly are for grounding
purposes, this would apply. I don't know that too
many inspectors would buy this one, however.

At 01:17 PM 1/16/2013, you wrote:

>Mark:
>
>I agree that the Code requirement for GEC in grid tied PV makes no sense.
>I have been trying to get it changed since the 2005 Code cycle.
>Until it does change (not even likely in 2014)
>we are stuck with it
 unless you float the array J