[RE-wrenches] Trace Parts - colorado

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:56:54 PST 2013

Some of the Onan three wire gensets use the third wire to stop -- they
short it to ground to cut the ignition, if I remember right.  Might just
need to check the continuity of all the conductors to the genset....

The other, probably more likely reason is the programming got wiped due to
disconnecting DC power to the inverter -- the SW doesn't have non-volatile
memory.  Anything to do with 3 wire generators is likely not the default
programming, which would explain why something that used to work now
doesn't.  I used to tape a photocopy of the settings page next to the
inverter, so when the inevitable memory wipe happened the customer could
easily reset the settings without a trip to the site.

Phil