[RE-wrenches] question about pole mount interconnection

Benn At DayStarSolar benn at daystarsolar.ca
Wed Oct 9 12:31:21 PDT 2013

William,
With Tech90 regardless of the conductor size it always comes with a bare #8 included.  A 3 conductor #10 (aka 10/3) will have red, white, and black #10 plus the bare#8.
A four conductor will have red, white, black and blue.

 I have only ever seen or been made aware by my suppliers that the bare is a #8, however would not be surprised if a different size bare could be ordered, if you were willing to pay extra and wait a bit longer.

We typically pay $15-18ea for the outdoor rated tech connector, which are required outdoors for weatherproofing, however inspectors are fine with an indoor rated flex-connector ($2-3 bucks ea) where weather/moisture will not be an issue.

For surface runs you may want to support it at more frequent intervals, especially on horizontal runs as it is not rigid and can look sloppy if not adequately supported.

benn
Sent from a 'smart' phone, with touch screen keys. Please excuse shortcuts and typos.