[RE-wrenches] question about pole mount interconnection

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Tue Oct 8 10:24:28 PDT 2013

Hi Ron,
We do a lot of pole mounts, last one was 12' to the bottom of modules, deep
snow country. Typically in a system where there are or has the potential to
expand into more than the original pole mounted array we run a couple of
main PVC conduits underground to a concrete vault, like a C-9, C-24, or
maybe even a C-30 vault. From this vault we distribute the conduits to each
pole mount, or in a larger field like the 8 poles you're mentioning we might
go into a second vault closer to the other end of the field, then branch out
to each pole from it too. We use PVC underground, Rigid metal through the
concrete and up the pole. Hope this helps.

Chris Worcester
Solar Wind Works
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Office 530-582-4503