[RE-wrenches] Utilities see battery bank as parasitic load?

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Sep 24 15:48:58 PDT 2013

"As SCE wrote in a July memo for solar and storage contractors ([https://www.sce.com/wps/wcm/connect/7bfb9fcc-b277-4646-9ac2-7700e03914bf/Battery_Backed_Storage_NEM_Eligibility.pdf?MOD=AJPERES] PDF), “if a renewable generator is modified so that the battery storage system is integrated into the generator, SCE cannot separately meter the energy from the renewable PV generator and the non-renewable battery.”

this is bullshit!

most all of the grid-tie systems i do here (in unreilable norcal power area) incorporate battery backup... and they are all metered with kv2c meters which accurately detail power generated by the system AND battery consumption... usually around 5 kWh a year.

sigh!

todd