[RE-wrenches] transformerless inverters and conductor colors

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Sep 23 12:59:23 PDT 2013

Hi Marco;

Article 200.7 specifically prohibits using white wire for anything but
grounded conductors.  This came up last year on a large project with an
ungrounded array, that also had white incorrectly specified in the
plans.  The appropriate colors would be red for positive, and black for
negative.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,