[RE-wrenches] 2500 W inverter for $300

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Aug 9 09:55:10 PDT 2013

At 11:08 AM 8/9/2013, you wrote:

>Unless they are a continuing customer or a friend, I would be
>inclined to tell them good luck.
>
>PLEASE call someone else, asap!

This is happening with continuing customers that are friends. What is
needed are some solid technical reasons to give them, but do to my
lack of experience with this stuff I have no data.

With so much being made in China now days, it is hard to argue
convincingly that an item is low quality because it was made there. I
argue that we get what we pay for, but some hard data is needed.

Can we say that these inverters are:
    * less reliable?
    * the true sine wave, waveform is not really so good?
    * these units will burn their house down?
When they can buy 4 or 5 of these for the price of a name brand sine
wave inverter, they could keep a spare unit on hand. It would be good
to have some hard data as to why they should get an Outback or a Magnum.

Thanks,

Drake