[RE-wrenches] Trojan L-16s

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Jul 18 11:11:52 PDT 2013

Tom,

The batteries usually reach absorb voltage
shortly after the sun hits the array. The reason
the bank wasn't working correctly is that one
cell was dead in one of the batteries.

I could increase the absorb time to 4.6 hours and
the voltage to 29.6, especially since the bank
has a new battery. That is longer and higher than
I'd previously heard recommended. What would be
the effect on water consumption?  How did you calculate the absorb time?

Thanks,

Drake

At 12:19 PM 7/18/2013, you wrote:

>boundary="_005_12a75c173ebd40919f701b08b4bd8fe6BLUPR05MB165namprd05pro_";
>         type="multipart/alternative"
>
>Drake
>
>I calculate 4.6 hours absorb time given the
>solar you have here. So the charge rate at 29.3
>is OK you could bump it to 29.6. It looks like
>decreased capacity because of improper charge
>parameters. You have to bring batteries to full
>charge at least once every 10 days and the only
>way to achieve full charge is by holding in the
>absorb mode through the proper time 4.6 hours.
>
>With that said when looking here at this the
>bulk time (based on where the batteries were
>left off the previous night) bulk it typically
>at least one or two hours. If you add this to
>the 4.6 it’s 5.6 or 6.6 hours total charge time

>this will work in New Mexico or Arizona most of
>the year but if this is in Ohio let’s say, the
>real problem is not enough solar!
>
>It’s not the batteries! Yes you have a problem
>now with them and it could be fixed but that’s a
>different discussion. Call me 888-503-6772
>
>Tom Duffy
>Senior Solar Design Engineer
>Real-logo-X-195
>
>Toll Free 888-895-8179
><mailto:tom at thesolar.biz>tom at thesolar.biz
>Customer Service and Accounting 888-895-6810
>Grid tie sales 888-895-7847
>Off Grid sales 888-895-4058
>Other Product Sales 888-895-9612
>Central America Sales (Panama) 507-6-126-1253
>Shipping and Receiving 888-895-6497
>Tech Support 888-895-8179

 Can they even be
>charged by the present equipment? What is the
>Bulk/Absorb voltage and time? Equally important
>is the design of the bank
 series or