[RE-wrenches] Trojan L-16s

Tom Duffy Tom at thesolar.biz
Thu Jul 18 09:19:16 PDT 2013

Drake

I calculate 4.6 hours absorb time given the solar you have here. So the charge rate at 29.3 is OK you could bump it to 29.6. It looks like decreased capacity because of improper charge parameters. You have to bring batteries to full charge at least once every 10 days and the only way to achieve full charge is by holding in the absorb mode through the proper time 4.6 hours.

With that said when looking here at this the bulk time (based on where the batteries were left off the previous night) bulk it typically at least one or two hours. If you add this to the 4.6 it's 5.6 or 6.6 hours total charge time... this will work in New Mexico or Arizona most of the year but if this is in Ohio let's say, the real problem is not enough solar!

It's not the batteries! Yes you have a problem now with them and it could be fixed but that's a different discussion. Call me 888-503-6772

Tom Duffy
Senior Solar Design Engineer
[Real-logo-X-195]
Toll Free 888-895-8179
tom at thesolar.biz<mailto:tom at thesolar.biz>
Customer Service and Accounting 888-895-6810
Grid tie sales 888-895-7847
Off Grid sales 888-895-4058
Other Product Sales 888-895-9612
Central America Sales (Panama) 507-6-126-1253
Shipping and Receiving 888-895-6497
Tech Support 888-895-8179