[RE-wrenches] Gas oven question

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 11:39:29 PDT 2013

Allan;
We are stymied on this stuff too. All the fancy foodie and commercial
versions use electricity (sometimes LOTS of it) for glowbars, blowers,
lights, thermostatic control units, on and on.
We basically just recommend the nice old-fashioned gear from Lehmans etc.
and try to convince people that the "retro" look is cool, and that *real*
foodies should be able to cook over a campfire if they're worth their sea
salt as a chef, etc and just re-plan the kitchen around it. Cook top plus a
couple small wall ovens is a great space saving foodie plan, lots going for
that idea, but we can't find any products either. The nice old-school
propane range/ovens have awesome valves and burners that are highly
controllable; the only other non-glowbar options seem to be very poor and
cheesy apartment-type ranges. I have one, they suck, as here in the
Colorado mountains, we also have the propane de-rate and the high altitude
de-rate. Ugh.
Best of luck. Recommend the Paleo diet I guess.

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342