[RE-wrenches] Envoy on ATT Hotspot

SwingJunkie swingjunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:11:32 PDT 2013

Drake,
We installed a similar system several years back. The client had a Verizon MiFi Internet connection device.  We installed a wireless Ethernet  bridge which was equipped with RJ-45  ports. Configured the ethernet bridge to connect to the MiFi unit.  Plugged the envoy into the wireless ethernet Bridge and voilà.

This client travels with the MiFi device at times and so the enlighten sends a message saying the envoy failed to report. Once the  MiFi unit is back in the residence the envoy reconnect's and uploads data no problems.

Similarly another client purchased a device from cricket mobile similar to the MiFi unit and the same connection strategy applied data plan for the cricket unit was approximately $15 a month.

Cheers
Carl