[RE-wrenches] Enphase / Inverter failures

Mike & Jessica Nelson mdelectricsolar at gmail.com
Thu May 9 08:45:05 PDT 2013

Wrenches,
I have had extensive failures on 3 installs that are situated right on the
coastal bluff in Northern California. Once you replace more than one
inverter at one site on one day, the compensation goes from $150.00 per
inverter, to next to nothing for the remaining. Enphase actually sent out
their field services tech, and did a complete swap out on these 3 systems
(with my assistance). It was a long day. But now, 2 years later, we are
seeing more failures. One has had 4 micro failures to date. Once I get away
from the coastal edge, with it's corrosive effect, the failure rate goes
way down. I have asked Enphase to upgrade these 3 systems to the newer M215
system, and am still waiting for a response. I am to the point where I
won't install Enphase within 1/2 mile of the ocean.
Michael D. Nelson
MD Electric & Solar

Michael & Jessica Nelson
MD Electric & Solar Inc.