[RE-wrenches] unbalanced string voltages

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon Apr 29 12:21:04 PDT 2013

So the string with the highest current AND voltage dictates where the inverter MPP locks. Other strings are "pulled" up past their MPP which means lower current from them. Makes sense.

I was only considering constant current under a load equal to the potential. In that case a module is constant current. The chart was helpful to rethink what happens with mis-matched strings. Thanks!

Larry Crutcher

PS: I believe you!