[RE-wrenches] P1 micro performance

Carl Emerson Carl at solarking.net.nz
Sat Mar 23 18:19:10 PDT 2013

Friends,

I am a little puzzled by this topic.

What has happened to the good engineering practice of sizing electronic
equipment so that it is not driven to the maximum.

My understanding is that the MTBF increases significantly the harder you
drive the unit.

This seems to be a case of overdriving the units for short term gain.

Carl Emerson

Free Power Co.

Auckland N.Z.