[RE-wrenches] Clipping

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Mar 22 14:40:57 PDT 2013

We now have 230W, 235W, 240W, 245W, and 250W modules on Enphase M215's in
the field. Initial anecdotal evidence shows that the 250W modules are doing
better in our area, even when the cost comparison is taken into account
(normalized for $/watt). I don't have a full year of data yet, but I plan
to do a non-scientific analysis once I do. Of course, the "sweet spot" in
any given year will be different.

As with many things, the PV cost as a percentage of total installed price
is making this quandry less important. Go BIG is becoming the safe bet when
it's a minimal cost comparison.

*Jason Szumlanski** *

*Fafco Solar*