[RE-wrenches] Reliable Cheap Modsine Inverter

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:27:31 PDT 2013

Ray;

Keep in mind that with truck stop inverters, everything *must* be
plugged into the front 120vac outlets on the inverter. You can use a
power strip, but can NOT run a wire to a breaker box. The
ground/neutral bond will fry most of these inverters, and you could
see some significant leakage on the ground line.

The only brand I've had decent luck with is Xantrex ProWatt. The rest
have all fried fairly quickly for various reasons.

Personally I'd go straight for a MorningStar SureSine, and a small
breaker box. These are awesome little inverters at 300W continuous. No
fan, no hassle, they just sit there and work, for years.

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342