[RE-wrenches] Conductor Sizing for Supply Side Connection

Ross Taylor wind.trainer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:24:38 PST 2013

Hi Garrison,

This is a great discussion and I think I've read all the responses. If I
missed this question, please forgive me.  But, in your original post you
refer to a 200 amp service.  I don't, though, see mention of the rating of
the bus bars.  The bus bars may be rated for something more than 200 amps,
depending upon the panel, even if they're protected by a 200 amp main
disconnect.  If so, that would increase your backfeed breaker sizing
options.

Best wishes,

Ross Taylor