[RE-wrenches] Generator Controlled Mini Grid

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:01:57 PST 2013

I am connecting a Kohler 12RES to my house, the roof has 3.1KW of PV
connected to a SB3000.
I thought we would have problems so we all knew to turn of the solar before
turning on the generator. One day, we forgot, and it all worked. Since that
I have left the solar on each time we ran the generator. As we are in a
small island, power outages are common.
The Kohler has a problem I cannot get to the bottom of and I'm going to
pull a Generac from inventory and install it, so I will find out if that
also works. My home and office is a test lab, I'll try anything there.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Drake <drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org