[RE-wrenches] generator suggestions

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Jan 30 09:41:38 PST 2013

Hi Randy and all;

I definitely like the water cooled 1800 rpm machines too, but for
regular off grid homes, they just are way out of the budget.  We jumped
on the inverter generator band wagon for a while, but had the same load
issues Allan described.  (Microwave kicks the breaker, and you're
running the genny for hours for nothing)  Many customers have turned to
the contractor portables with equally disappointing results, but often
they already have the genny, and we just provide an inlet box and cord.
The Generac looks like a good idea, I wish Onan or Kohler would build
one. Kohler used to make a 6.5 Kw that fit the one inverter household
fairly well.

Ray Walters

THeOn 1/30/2013 8:55 AM, Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems