[RE-wrenches] GEC for Micro-Inverters and ACPV Modules

John Berdner John.Berdner at solaredge.com
Thu Jan 17 07:58:59 PST 2013

Jay:

You raise an interesting question.

I believe the structure would have to be evaluated and Listed for equipment grounding (UL is working on a new Standard for this now) AND for use as a GEC (which I don’t think is possible).
Even if the WEEB was approved for use as a GEC (I still do not feel this is the case) the rail then needs to be contiguous or irreversibly spliced to the copper GEC.
I am not aware of any Listed hardware that facilitates this.
Anyone know of any ?

We also have a dissimilar metals problem irreversibly crimping or exothermic welding (the Code requirement) copper to aluminum.

Best Regards,

John Berdner
General Manager, North America

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDF488.819E0980]

Solaredge Technologies, Inc.
3347 Gateway Boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 USA  (*Please note of our new address.)