[RE-wrenches] PID

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Dec 27 08:39:55 PST 2013

Hello Wrenches,

Attached is an article from Home Power that came in my email. It says
module degradation is increased by PID (Potential Induced
Degradation) by the use of transformerless inverters.  It says power
degradation can occur over days or weeks and cause a 10% to 60% loss
of efficiency.

I called Power One and SMA and their tech support people have not had
any reports of problems. Is this something we need to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC