[RE-wrenches] Shipping Damage

Mark Byington markb at cobaltpower.com
Mon Nov 4 09:45:09 PST 2013

Luke Christy wrote

"I know that things get damaged or lost all the time in shipment, and I'm
wondering how other businesses handle it."

We find that it's impossible to unpack and inspect all solar panels in
stacks of 36, while the truck driver is standing there impatiently waiting
to get on his way.

So we have a stamp that we had made years ago at Kinko's for $20, which says
"Accepted, pending unpacking and verification of no damage.  Cobalt Power
Systems"

We stamp the Bill of Lading with this disclaimer, and sign right below it.
The truck drivers are happy to be on their way, and we feel that this should
protect us if things ever get ugly.

Mark Byington

Cobalt Power Systems, Inc.

markb at cobaltpower.com