[RE-wrenches] Eaton bolt on panel modifications

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Oct 3 23:12:50 PDT 2013

Friends:

I need to modify an Eaton 400 amp panelboard for an industrial off-grid
system.  I need 3 150 amp 2 pole breakers and a few of the clips used to
connect the bolt-on breakers to the busses ("Provisions," they are called).

I was informed by the Eaton rep that the cost to replace the entire interior
of the panelboard was cheaper than buying a few clips.  It was explained
that buying "loose parts" was more expensive than buying an entire bus
system.  I just cannot believe this.

Has anyone purchased the clips for Eaton before?  Know a good Eaton dealer?

Thanks in advance.

William Miller