[RE-wrenches] parallel stacking SW

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:01:00 PDT 2013

Hi wrenches,

I have some folks that I'm meeting in a couple of days that have 4 Trace SW
5048 inverters.  It's a very large, older compound-style installation that
the original installer has bailed on.  They have it set up so that there is
a common battery bank and each pair of series stacked inverters are
independently feeding 2 separate 120/240 busses.  One of these 120/240
services gets utilized very heavily, and one isn't really used at all.  Is
it possible with this type of inverter, to have all four inverters feeding
a common AC bus, two feed Phase A and the other two feeding phase B?

I know that is possible to series stack and to parallel stack this
inverter, but can you do both at the same time?

If so, does anyone have a pin out to a parallel stacking cable?

Thanks in advance

--

Mac Lewis

*