[RE-wrenches] Mouse pee in the SW

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Aug 15 14:36:29 PDT 2013

Friends:

I had a mouse take up residency in an SW inverter (SW4024).  It peed on the
top circuit board and chewed on one wire, at least that we found.  We have
had this happen before and solved the problem by cleaning and drying.

This time the mouse pee was minimal and cleaned off easily and what appeared
to be throughly.  However we can't get the inverter to work reliably.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.  The overload light is solid
and the error light flashes.  The controls work on some menus and not on
others.  If I shut the inverter down it won't come back on.  I take off the
cover, look around, connect and disconnect ribon cables and it comes back
on, only to go out a day later.

I have a spare display and chipset.  I am considering changing out one then
the other.

Any adivce would be appreciated.

As always, I am very grateful to all of you.  It seems I have been receiving
more advice than I have been giving lately so I look forwards to the
opportuntiy to reciprocate.

Sincerely,

William Miller