[RE-wrenches] 24V charging with 60 cell modules

Eric.Bentsen at schneider-electric.com Eric.Bentsen at schneider-electric.com
Tue Jun 4 11:31:13 PDT 2013

Hi Allan,

The C-series behaves in the same way as if you were to connect the module
directly to the battery,
then watch a DC volt meter and disconnect/reconnect when the bulk voltage
is reached to "hold" the battery
at that level. It will hold at the bulk level for 1 hour, then transition
to float.
If left connected without disconnecting, the voltage would eventually
climb to Voc (approx 36VDC). So, while it is not
going to be as efficient as the MPPT controller in the bulk/absorption
stages, once the PWM controller transitions to float,
it will operate right about the sweet spot (Vmp). The question was making
a single 24V module work with a 24V battery.
 PWM is the only way to do it, as the MPPT requires a higher PV voltage
due to the use of a buck transformer.
 I will certainly pass on any recommendations for improvement to our
engineering team, and
I appreciate the feedback.

Eric Bentsen

Eric Bentsen  |   Schneider Electric   |  Solar Business  |   UNITED
STATES  |   Technical Support Representative
Phone: +(650) 351-8237 ext. 001#  |
Email: eric.bentsen at schneider-electric.com  |   Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/solar  |   Address: 250 South Vasco Rd.,
Livermore, CA 94551

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail