[RE-wrenches] Teck 90 cable

Hilton Dier III hiltondier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 16:24:10 PDT 2013

I asked this one last year and got a few "That's interesting" responses,
but nobody actually came up with an answer. Perhaps it was too obvious.

I have been looking at Teck 90 waterproof metallic armored cable as a
possibility for DC wire runs. This is the stuff:
http://www.onestopbuy.com/omni-wire-cable/T30804-40643.asp It seems to
be roughly the cost of wire and conduit and a lot easier to run. It
looks versatile:

"Suitable for use in ventilated, non-ventilated and ladder cable trays,
direct earth burial or raceways, and for exposed or concealed wiring in
wet, damp or dry locations. Suitable for use in wet or dry locations
when installed in accordance with the NEC."

The question is, would this stuff be acceptable code-wise for
metallic-contained interior DC wire runs per 690.31 (E)? You'd think so,
but I'd want to be sure before buying a reel of this stuff.

Thanks, wrenches!

Hilton

--
Hilton Dier III