[RE-wrenches] Remote Sunny boy Monitoring

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Feb 22 10:19:31 PST 2013

Friends:

Thanks for the responses to my question.  Here is what I have learned:

The main problem is that the Sunny Boy is remote from the house and there
is no signal conduit.  There are any number of monitors that can hard wire
to the Sunny Boy, usually with an RS485 connection.

Without a hardwire path that solution is not so easy.  Apparently I need to
asses the viability of a wireless RS485 system.

I am wondering:

1. Do I understand the above scenario correctly?
2. Do any of you have any experience with wireless 485 systems?

Thanks again for all of the help.

William Miller

Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600