[RE-wrenches] Outback Inverter Radio Interference

Vince McClellan Vince at solarenergydesign.com
Tue Feb 19 11:30:26 PST 2013

Hello Wrenches
I'm having an issue with a pair of Outback inverters producing
electromagnetic interference with the low band radios at a site we
installed recently. Other than a Faraday cage does anyone have any
methods of reducing the EMI from Outback inverters? I've been looking in
to ferrite cores but can't seem to find a source that lists what the
frequency is that is dissipated by the ferrite cores that I can find
online. I need the ferrite cores to be in the range of 250kHz to 2MHz.

Thanks,

Vince McClellan
Energy Design