[RE-wrenches] AHJ's & NABCEP

Martin Herzfeld findsolar at herzfeld.org
Mon Feb 11 17:33:01 PST 2013

They are different.

1. The license distinguishes the qualified from the unqualified and
the license qualifier is allowed to practice in the jurisdiction. A
qualified person is also defined in NEC Article 100. The definition of
AHJ may not be as many think as defined in NEC Article 100.

2. As an employee is different from an independent contractor, the
certification resources may become one set of resources to study to
qualify for a license.

3. Some states are different than others.
http://www.nascla.org/licensing_information

4. However, other certifications provide further distinction as the
qualifier. There's another certification targeted to contractors, ...

martinHerzfeld
California Licensed Solar Contractor #833782
UL Certified PV Installer #17
CTT+ Certified Trainer