[RE-wrenches] Point of Connection 705.12D2 Exception

Gary Willett gary at icarussolarservices.com
Sun Dec 30 15:41:46 PST 2012

Jeremy:

The XW-6048 spec for maximum AC Input Current (maximum 75% imbalance
between L1-N, L2-N) is:
     L-N: 41.2 A    L-L: 27.5 A

So, with a Line to Neutral current of 41.2A x 1.25 = 51.5A or rounds up
to 60A 2-pole breaker.

This condition could occur in a grid-tied configuration when the
inverter is in AC BYPASS mode and the batteries are being charged from
the grid.

Regards,

Gary Willett